Web Design & Programming: Anendo
February 16th, 2011
Proposed European Guidelines IMPALA
November 8th to 9th, 2010
Proposed European Guidelines IMPALA (Draft Version)
October 20th to 24th, 2010
MOVE2010 Conference – Sport for All and Health – Frankfurt/Main,
Presentation of the IMPALA-project by Prof. Dr. Alfred Rütten
October 13th to 14th, 2010
European Conference on Local Sports Participation
Social Inclusion & Combating Poverty, Leuven, Belgium
Workshop 3: Presentation of the IMPALA project by Rimantas Pacenka, Academy of Physical Education, Kaunas, Lithuania
September 5th, 2010
Deadline for abstract submission of 2nd call
July 26th, 2010
2nd call for abstracts for additional speakers and poster presentations
July 15th, 2010
Early registration ends
June 30th, 2010
We are glad to announce that the World Health Organization Regional Office for Europe joins the international POIN2010-conference as a cooperation partner!
June 30th, 2010
Conference programme released
End of April, 2010
Launch of online registration and rates for conference participants
Mid of April, 2010
"Call for abstracts" for additional speakers and poster presentations
April 14th, 2010
Start of the official POIN2010-website
Physical activity and sport require adequate environments!
Indoor and outdoor sports facilities, as well as infrastructures for self-organized physical activity such as parks, lanes or open landscape are major resources for physical activity and sport all over Europe.
On the one hand, attitude towards physical activity has changed dramatically across all ages, becoming broader and a lot more differentiated – therefore challenging to adapt facilities for physical activity and sport. On the other hand, infrastructures for physical activity and sport are outworn and in urgent need for renovation and modernization. Management and operating issues need updating.
- How to improve infrastructure for physical activity and sport?
- What are good practice examples of policies and instruments for infrastructure development for physical activity and sport in Europe and worldwide?
- How to coordinate health promotion and infrastructure development?
POIN2010 provides answers!
POIN2010 will deal with those questions and challenges. This conference presents new EU-guidelines on improving infrastructures for physical activity and sport. These guidelines were developed in the EU-project IMPALA. Examples of good practice will be put up for discussion at the event from European as well as from non-European countries.
The POIN2010-Conference will offer opportunities for exchange of experience and information to policy makers and key stakeholders in fields such as sport, health, urban and spatial planning.
Key objectives of the conference are:
- International symposium for decision makers and key stakeholders in politics and fields such as sport, health, urban and spatial planning, environment, tourism, economy etc.
- Presentation and discussion forum for good practice in infrastructure development for leisure-time physical activity and sport.
- Adoption of a position paper with criteria of good practice in infrastructure development for leisure-time physical activity and sport.